Another Record Recruitment Year at Louisiana State University of Alexandria
John W. Dysart
The Dysart Group
Louisiana State University of Alexandria posted another record year for recruitment. The institution implemented a new recruitment and financial aid model in 2013 and the results have been transformational. The outcomes for Fall 2016 are extraordinary:
- LSUA enrolled the largest number of students in history.
- Total student enrollments have increased by nearly 47% since 2013.
- The 529 new freshmen represent the largest number in history.
- On-line enrollment has increased by 64% in just the last year.
- The University enrolled a record number of students in its Honors Program.
- The University enrolled a record number of students participating in dual enrollment.
- The number of international students grew by 20% in the last year.
This exceptional growth has occurred while state funding for higher education has dropped 39% since 2008.